"When I was in art school, I thought art was something I would learn, and then I would just do it. At a certain point I realized it wasn't going to work that way. Basically, I would have to start over every day and figure out what art would be." Bruce Nauman
This processual way of dealing with art and one's own self, as described in the quote, is an essential part of the course and the resulting work.
The body as the starting point for growing beyond, questioning, expanding and transforming.
Attention will be focused on the interface between the physical body and its environment.
Conceptual art focuses on the spiritual, material and formal aspects follow knowledge. The works thus take on a variety of medians, from photography to video, performance, sculpture, installation, drawing...
APPROACH TO THE THIRD DIMENSION
Personal style and the structures of the material
Sharpening the eye for proportions and dynamics when drawing with model is the starting point for the development of a free plastic form.
In the process, the various properties and possibilities of the used material, e.g. plaster or cardboard, experimented and played with.
The aim is to approach a personal language of form in this way, where
respective properties and structures of the material become visible.
DRAWING AS EXPRESSION
Training in sight
Drawing is probably the most original and direct form of pictorial expression. Children do it spontaneously, freely and with a happy making gesture. Drawing is also an exercise in concentration, a method for training the seeing and feeling of the form. The resulting subjectivation and
Various drawing materials, graphite, charcoal, pigment pencils, erasers.
Large format paper rolls and paper sheets
PICTURES FROM 2018
Born 1978 in Italy.
2005 Filmmaking, New York University NYU
1999-2003 Accademia di Belle Arti, Bologna / Academy of Fine Arts, Munich / Academy of Art and Design KHiB, Bergen, Norway
2015-2019 Professor of Architecture at the University of Innsbruck
Lives and works in Zurich and Münstertal.
Everyone has to take care of the overnight stay himself or herself. A list of accommodation is provided.
Open to all artists, art students and sculptor candidates older than 18 years, maximum number of participants 20 people
Das Atelier der Sommerakademie befindet sich in einer großzügigen Halle in der Gewerbezone Pontives/Gröden.
Opening hours of the studios:
Mon-Fri 08:30h - 12:00h, 14:00h - 18:00h. Saturday- Sunday the studios are closed.
Lunch break: There is a simple studio kitchen available, can be cooked and eaten together if desired
Conditions of participation
Course participants must register via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org within 10.06.2021.
To submitted: the completed registration form, a maximum of 5 current works illustrations, as well as a short curriculum, all in digital form.
A maximum of 20 participants can be admitted; the selection is based on the documents submitted.
The participation fee includes a one-time registration fee of 300.00 Euro and must be transferred within 10 days of receipt of the confirmation of participation by the summer academy to the following bank details of the association La Veta:
IBAN: IT 46H08238 58680 00030203339
The enrolment is valid only after the deposit.
This fee entitles you to attend all courses and events offered.
26. 07. 2021: Morning: Nude Drawing Afternoon: Plastic Design
27. 07. 2021: Morning: Plastic Design Afternoon: Nude Drawing/Drawing Techniques
28. 07. 2021: Morning: Nude Drawing Afternoon: Plastic Design
29. 07. 2021: Morning: Plastic Design Afternoon: Nude Drawing/Drawing Techniques
30. 07. 2021: Morning: Nude Drawing Afternoon: Nude Drawing/Plastic Design
31. 08. 2021: Morning: Plastic Design Afternoon: Plastic Design
02. 08. 2021: Morning: Plastic Design Afternoon: Plastic Design
03. 08. 2021: Morning: Plastic Design Afternoon: Plastic Design
04. 08. 2021: Morning: Plastic Design Afternoon: Plaster Casting/Mould Making
05. 08. 2021: Morning: Plaster Casting/Mould Making Afternoon: Plaster Casting/Mould Making
06. 08. 2021: Morning: Plaster Casting/Mould Making Afternoon: Set-up for final presentation
07. 08. 2021: Full day: Final presentation and exhibition